marketing and business
We would like to present the new Popular Science website that will be live at http://www.popsci.com/ before the conference. There were several innovative modules and functionality that were created for the site. In addition the work flow consisted of moving data from several legacy systems into Drupal’s structure. We will be inviting Megan Miller and John Mahoney who are the primary editors of popsci.com and the business interests most directly involved in the project. The presentation would be given lecture style with a significant portion reserved for question and answer. Depending on community interest this can focus on the technical aspects of implementation or the business concerns necessary to make the project a success.
This project sounds appropriate for the Case Study track.
* Introduction - business objectives of the project and challenges
* Architecture - how the project was architected and managed to completion.
* Community Contributions - the modules and technology donated to the community because of this project
* Lessons Learned - an overview of what we learned. Frank discussion of what did work and what did not.
* Questions and Answers - open group discussion
The goal of this presentation is to make Drupal a stronger community by illustrating not only the technical, but the business challenges we faced. I feel that we pushed the limits of collaborative Drupal development and data management while balancing the needs of the stakeholders regarding the business affairs.